That smells nice...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Guacamole and more...

Friday night was our Freak out Mexican night. I made guacamole, tomatillo salsa, sauteed chicken and veggies, and some seasoned rice and with a couple of tortillas, black beans, and lettuce, we were all set to make our own burritos at home.

I followed this simple and excellent recipe for Tomatillo Salsa Verde

I also had a recipe for guacamole given to me by a friend over a year ago. Here's the recipe as I followed it:

Ingredients:
2 Avocados
1 Tomato
1/2 Onion
Garlic (to taste - I prefer very less or none)
Picante sauce

Mash avocados with a fork. (I must say that having never done any cooking with avocados before, this guide on How to Cut and Peel an Avocado by Elise was very useful)
Cut tomatoes and onions into small pieces and mix them in with the avocados. Add in the diced garlic at this point at well. Add 1-2 tsp of Picante sauce and salt and pepper to taste

Here's a picture of the fillings:



and this is what the close to final product looked like:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home